A report from WBUR’s december tweet-up.
The discussion centered around how, public radios such as WBUR can use social media.
Several proposals were made:
- Allow phone/PDA’s contributions and
- Encourage several low contributions ($1 to $5) in addition to the current four official fund-raisers
- Make the act of contributing seamless
- Any contribution, however low, should result in membership (currently the minimum is set at $60/year)
- Recognize contributors who referred other donors
- Distribute electronic badges (I pledged) in the form of a .gif that people/bloggers/twitterers can display on their social media platforms and…
- Create an electronic equivalent of membership donor card
- Open archives on a pay-per-download basis (though this might be tough to negotiate with NPR, CPB etc…)
Any other ideas?