These are the key findings from a report published by the Direct Marketing Industry in the UK.
- 2011 expenditure on direct marketing totaled £14.2 billion; 7% growth expected in 2012
- Total uk expenditure on direct marketing stood at £14.2 billion in 2011.
- 23% of UK sales are generated by direct marketing
- When these findings are extrapolated to represent all uk businesses, this would suggest that direct marketing accounted for £700 billion worth of sales out of a total of £3 trillion in 2011
- The direct marketing industry employs 530,000 people
- Data from The direct marketing association (uk) Ltd 2012